Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 1 - England

This was no doubt the most hilarious (not!) of my trip. First of all DH dropped DS and I off at CVG on time, we checked in and went to the gate. Waited 30 mins only to hear the announcement that they have changed the gate to the one behind us. Fair enough we move to said gate, we're there maybe 10 mins then comes the announcement. The flight is delayed. The are going to wait for JFK to let them know the status, soonish~

So I wait patiently and after a lot of waiting they finally board us. No soon as we are at our seats and buckled in they announce we're being delayed again for 3 hours so we need to get OFF the plane.

Back at the gate we wait another hour before they decide lets board everyone and make a dash for it! We arrived at JFK 2.5hrs late with a 2.5hr connection time it means DS and I are literally RUNNING to the next gate. fyi, JFK sucks, NEVER ever go there.

SO we made it onto the plane oblivious of course that our luggage didn't actually make it. We arrived at MAN on time, waited patiently at the carousel and realized our luggage never got loaded.

Off to the lost baggage counter, file a claim and we're told it will be at least 24hrs before we get our bags because of the fact that only one flight from JFK lands per day. *smile sweetly*

My dad and brother picked us up REALLY surprised I have NO luggage at all (HA!) I explain the saga, it also meant I had to go shop for undies, clothes and the obligatory toothbrushes.

1 comment:

clhenry99 said...

All this with a kid! YIKES@ I have never flown and I dont think I ever want to! LOL