Saturday, August 18, 2007

Laptop woes

This really ought to be in my Hong Kong - England trip posts but I thought it deserved a post of its own. My trusty HP pavilion dv1000 has finally bitten the dust. I am currently running the hd wired into DH's PC. Here's how it all began.

Day 5 in Hong Kong my LCD went out, or the back light. Anyhow, mom had a HD LCD monitor for a TV so I used it as a monitor so I could still be online while we were away. Back in England I used my brother's old PC monitor. When I got back, that's where it got tricky. DH insisted on taking apart the thing to make sure if it was the inverter or whatever it was and see if it was fixable. It turns out the ribbon connecting the LCD to the motherboard was severed. (At this point the laptop still worked albeit plugged into a monitor) DH then proceeded to 'fix' the ribbon by stripping and reconnecting said severed wires. Unfortunately that was the point where the laptop stopped working. It was dead as a doe-doe. No juice flowed Nada.

So he ordered me a new one, which won't be here for another month. He of course won't take the blame for it, it was my fault for the wires severing or the laptops fault for be crap. I meanwhile am fuming inside. Instead of having a working laptop and maybe having to buy a $200 monitor I know have to shell out $1400 for a new laptop I didn't even really wanted. DH of course can't see why I am mad because...you guessed it. It wasn't his fault!@!

Someone please give me strength NOT to kill my husband anytime soon.

No comments: