Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day 3 - LHR to HKG

So after I lovingly repacked the night before I wake the next morning to find my mother has not only repacked my cases but she has pressed and folded every item too! You know I am beginning to think my mom is getting very OCD in her old age.

The flight was at midday so the taxi service dropped us off at 9am at LHR. Check in and the wait was rather uneventful other than that mom had already sank a large amount of cash on 'gifts' of handbags etc... at duty-free. This woman likes to shop and I KNOW I inherited that ability now.




Qantas was wonderful, we had wings for head support so you weren't bent over like a pretzel for the entire 12 hrs flight time. The kids had games and I watched a few movies which I thoroughly enjoyed. The Australians are a very health conscious nation. The food they serve reflects that and even their duty-free cart reflects it with the absence of cigarettes.

I think DS's highlight of the flight must have been their generous cup of hot cocoa served with a big dollop of marshmallow. I opted for the organic chamomile tea.



No comments: